- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin (I used chipotle pepper seasoning mix)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paparika
- Salt & Pepper (to Taste)
- 1 cup Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (white Or Brown)
- 3 whole Tortillas (burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Add ground beef to cooked onions and add spice mixture.
- Break up ground beef and cook completely until browned.
- Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Add black beans and rice to ground beef and mix well.
- Using a pie pan, put a layer of salsa on the bottom, about 1/4 cup (I used a little more than 1/4 cup for each layer)
- Place a tortilla over the salsa.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
- Spoon meat/bean/rice mixture over cheese layer.
- Repeat layers once more starting with salsa and then end with a tortilla and remaining cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to make the tortilla and cheese a little crispy on top.
- Finish off with chopped green onion.
- Slice and serve with sour cream and extra salsa and tortilla chips.
Recipe from pattilouwho from Tasty Kitchen! Photo by me! This dish was delicious! Yum-O! The modifications I made was to brown and drain the ground beef before adding the spices and while the ground beef was draining, I sauted the onions and then mixed everything in the skillet! I also added some salsa to the mixture as well as on the layers. I also added an extra layer since I had a little over a pound of ground beef!