Triple Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
- Cooking Time: 10 to 14 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup eagle brand milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup eagle brand milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Filling: Melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to low and stir until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool in frig.
- Beat butter, sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla; beat this mixture well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat this until just combined. Mix in all the chocolate. Cover and put in frig to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Roll 1 tbsp. dough into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets, about 2" apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven 10 to 14 minutes. Until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Place 1 tsp. cooled filling on the underside of the cookie. Top with a second cookie, underside down. Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.
- Makes about 24 cookies.