Tropical Twist Oven Cakes
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 TBSP. butter
- 2 TBSP. confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Fresh, room temperature lemon or lime (or both), quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly beat together flour, milk, eggs and nutmeg.
- Leave batter a little lumpy.
- Melt butter in a 12" round heat-proof pan, or an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Pour batter over melted butter.
- Sprinkle coconut over batter and butter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden and slightly pulling away from edges of pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and return briefly to oven.
- This will puff up very high, but unevenly in the oven and then fall when removed.
- Serve immediately by slicing into 2 or 4 pieces. Let your guests squeeze the citrus juices over the hot cake before enjoying.
- You can also serve with more confectioner's sugar on the table.