Turkey and Vegetable Skewers
- (for approx. 6-7 skewers)
- 1/2 turkey breast (about 1/2 kg / 1lb)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 zucchini
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning,
- Wash and dry the peppers. Roast them in the oven, on the grill or over your gas cooker.
- Put them in a plastic bag, close it, and let the peppers cool.
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Cut them into stripes same width as your zucchini.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice them very thinly, brush with oil.
- Cook them in a skillet without adding oil at medium-low heat, turning once, only until they get soft. Do not overcook them. They just need to soften in order to roll them.
- Cut the turkey breast into 1/2" thick slices, and then cut each slice into 1/2" cm wide stripes, and again cut each stripe into cubes.
- Season the meat as you prefer, and add a little oil as well.
- Place a zucchini slice over a pepper slice and roll them together. Repeat until you have finished all vegetables. I had more zucchini slices so I rolled those alone as well.
- Oil the wooden sticks for skewers and start sticking the meat cubes alternating with pepper and zucchini rolls.
- Brush the skewers again with little oil and grill in a hot grilling pan.
- Serve sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and potatoes.