- Cooking Time: 9-10
- 1/4 pound pecan halves
- 24 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon solid shortening
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side exposed. Lightly grease foil with vegetable oil spray.
- Place 3 pecan halves in a "Y" shape on the foil. Place 1 caramel candy in the center of each "Y." Bake just until caramel is melted, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat just until chocolate is melted. Spread over candies and refrigerate for 30 minutes.