Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cooking Time: 8-13
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 30-35
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO all-vegetable shortening or 3/4 Butter Flavor Crisco stick
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups PILLSBURY® Best All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)*
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, Butter Flavor Crisco Shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if used.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375ºF for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist), or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack; remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- * If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.