- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 30-60 eggrolls
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb. ground pork (any pork will do if you put it in the Food prosessor)
- handfull of dried shredded black fungus(mushrooms) soaked 30 min & drained
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (Pantia brand is what I use) vegitarian is fine.
- 1/4 cup or more of sweet chili sauce for chicken (I get flying horse brand)
- 1/4 cup soy sause with mushroom (I get Healthy boy brand)
- 1 carrot pealed and shreaded (I omit this when I dont have one, taste same)
- sesame seed oil to coat wok
- Eggroll wraps, spingroll or wonton wraps will work
- 1 egg scrambled for brushing wraps
- some sort of deep fryer or pant with oil @ 350 degrees
- Heat wok on med high with sesame oil
- put pork in cook fully, dont burn, stir a lot
- cut cabbage in thin strips.
- add all ingredients except egg and wraps
- stir and cook until cabbage and carrots and done ( you want then simi firm)
- you dont want to overcook and you do want to stir it a lot
- when done take off heat and on a work space you have scrambled egg with a brush and your wraps. Keep wraps covered after opening with a damp towel so they do not dry out.
- On flat wrap spoon in the cooked ingredients, brush two side by side edges of wraps with egg. Roll. make sure they are sealed or in fryer insides will fall out
- put into fryer until golden brown. You might have to turn in fryer to do both side
- you can use sweet and sour sauce but I dont, the taste is already there!
I made this recipe up because my kids were always wanting eggrolls and everyone that I made just didn't taste the way an eggroll should. I took myself down to the Asian Market and just looked around and found some things that I thought might taste good. After a few trial and errors I made the perfect eggroll. I make them all the time and everyone I know want me to make them for them. They are great!