Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 1 lb. confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs. vegetable shortening
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Cream butter and shortening,
- Then add vanilla and cream, mixing until combined
- Add sugar in small batches, cranking your mixer’s speed up high.
- With a sharp knife halve vanilla beans lengthwise, then scrape the seeds directly into the frosting mixture, mixing to combine
- Beat the frosting until fluffy. Frost with 1M tip and pastry bag.