Vegan Mango Coconut Panna Cotta Pudding
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups organic coconut milk (exactly one 14 ounce can)
- 1 cup mango puree (about 2 cups fresh or frozen mango pureed)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 heaped Tbsp agar flakes
- 1/4 tsp coconut essence (optional)
- Fresh mango pieces and toasted coconut flakes for serving.
- Place all ingredients except the agar flakes in your blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Place this mixture in a saucepan and stir in the agar flakes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes allowing the flakes to begin dissolving.
- Gently bring the mixture to a simmer stirring constantly, and heat for about 5 minutes until agar is completely dissolved.
- If your agar doesn't dissolve, push the mixture through a strainer and remove the last bit of clumped agar.
- You can put a little bit of the mixture with the clumped agar in the blender to smooth out and mix into the rest of the mixture.
- Lightly grease 6 small pots (or you can use lightly oiled muffin holes) and distribute the mixture evenly amongst them.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour to set.
- Top with toasted coconut and fresh mango pieces and serve. YUMMO! SCRUMMO!
Panna cotta is my all-time favourite dessert. However, this traditional Italian dessert, which literally translates to "cooked cream" is not very forgiving for sensitive foodies looking for gluten and dairy free recipes, or discerning whole foodies who don't want to coat-check their colons when they indulge in a sweet treat. This simple little vegan panna cotta take minutes to prepare and hits the spot for a Summer dessert that the whole family can enjoy. This is one of the quickest easiest most delicious blender recipes you will ever make. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free and sugar free. A fantastic allergy free vegetarian recipe for your next dessert.