- Cooking Time: 40-50 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 package of firm tofu
- a couple tablespoons of roasted tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 handful or so of washed baby spinach
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 16 oz. of tomato sauce
- 8 or 9 cooked manicotti, jumbo shells, or 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 tbsp dried parsely
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp powdered garlic
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- smoked paprika to taste (my secret weapon to doctor tomato sauce!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of Daiya "mozzarella"
- 1. Cook your noodles al dente! Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a food processor smooth 1/2 of the tofu block and then combine with the other half, using the tines of a fork to crumble the remaining tofu. Add in the parsley, garlic, oregano, nutritional yeast, roasted tomatoes, and baby spinach.
- 3. Sautee veggies hardest to softest: onion, then pepper and squash. I like mine a little carmelized! Add the tomato sauce! Doctor store bought tomato sauce or break out your own! This is where I add the paprika!
- 4. Assemble! If you're making stuffed shells, fill your pasta with the tofu mixture then top with your veggie sauce! If you're making lasagna, you can layer. I usually layer with sauce, tofu, noodle 2x and top with a layer of tofu.
- 5. If you want a melty layer, add a handful of Daiya scattered across the top. Throw it in the oven to warm up the tofu filling and melt any topping.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
- Apologies for a lack of picture, I was hungry!