Vodka Sauce (ala Carolyn)
- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans tomato paste
- handful grated parm cheese
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Shot vodka (optional)
- Over medium heat, combine celery and onion with butter and sautee about 5 minutes (or until the celery/onion get soft).
- Add broth and tomato paste and bring to a boil (about another 5 minutes). You might want to lower heat a bit now.
- Add grated cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Finally add cream and blend together.
- Whole process for me takes about 15 minutes (about the time for the pasta to be completely cooked).