Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
After Dinner Birthday Christmas Creamy Crowd Cooking Dairy Dessert Dinner Party Easter Egg-Free Finger Food Frosting Gift Idea Halloween High Calcium Independence Day Kid Friendly Labor Day Memorial Day Mixer Mother's Day New Year's Eve/Day No Bake/Cook Picnic Potluck Shower/Wedding Snack St. Patrick's Day Sweet Thanksgiving Valentine's Day Vegetarian
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 - 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp. whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In your mixer, whip butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add 1 cup of the sugar and whip until combined.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt. Whip until combined.
- Add another cup of sugar and whip. From here, add 1/2 cup at a time until the frosting has reached your desired consistency. (I believe I used 3 cups total.)
- Turn you mixer to high and whip for about a minute.
- *Note: this makes just enough for 24 cupcakes. If you like more frosting on your cupcakes, make a double-batch of this frosting.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcake.
- Sprinkle with pink sprinkles.
- Add a marzipan heart as garnish.