- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 32
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter margarine
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Put ingredients in bread machine in reverse order listed.
- Set on manual white bread. Timer may be set to have dough ready at a particular time. Or just press to start. In about 2 hours, your dough will be ready to shape into two loaves (32 slices), 8 hoagie buns, 8 large hamburger buns, 12 hot dog buns, 1 large loaf french bread or two small.
- Let rise 45 minutes in warm place. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until as brown as preferred. Tops may be cut or decorated as you like. Enjoy.
I use my bread machine to make the dough, but I shape the bread and then bake it in the oven. This is my bread machine that I tweaked until it was what I wanted. Many frown on using a bread machine. However, when you are unable to knead the duogh it is perfect. You must still know the liquid to flour ratio to get a perfect dough. I am my 5th bread machine in the past 10 years.