White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 35
- 2 cups French bread (about half a loaf), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 jars Somebody's Mother's White Chocolate Sauce
- 7 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet. Bake until light golden and dry, about 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to rack; cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Pour the 2 jars of white chocolate sauce into a large saucepan over low heat, until chocolate is warm throughout, about 5 minutes. (You can also add the 1 cup of white raisins into the white chocolate sauce at this time). Meanwhile whisk yolks and eggs in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in warm white chocolate.
- Place bread cubes in 2qt glass baking dish. Add half of chocolate mixture. Press cubes into chocolate mixture. Let stand 15 minutes. Gently mix in remaining chocolate mixture. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake pudding 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer pudding to rack and cool slightly. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover with foil and refrigerate. Rewarm covered pudding in 350°F oven before serving.)