Whole Wheat Bread
- Servings: 5-6 loaves
- 1 cake or 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 2 cup warm water
- 2 2/3 cup scalded milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 7-8 cups all purpose flour
- In an extra large bowl mix the scalded milk, beaten eggs, salt, margarine, sugar and honey. Set aside to let mixture cool briefly.
- In a small bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Once the milk mixture is lukewarm but not hot, add the yeast to it.
- Mix in the whole wheat flour, let set for 15 minutes.
- Knead in white flour, let rise 30 minutes.
- Knead again. Let rise to double in bulk
- Divide dough into 5-7 greased loaf pans and let rise to double in bulk again.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and let cool on a wire rack.