Whole Wheat Celery Stuffing
- 1 diced stalk of celery, with leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillons
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 quarts whole wheat bread cubes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 pinch dried thyme, rosemary & marjoram
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté onion in melted butter until soft, but not brown. Add celery and stir well. Add 2 1/2 cups brouth, bouillon, & poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes into large mixing bowl. Add eggs, pepper, sage, thyme, rosemary and marjoram. Add onion and celery mixture. Combine thoroughly. If still too dry, add more chicken broth.
- Makes enough to stuff a 15 to 20 pound turkey.
- I get a couple of loafs bread, cut the top off of the bag, let set drying out for a day before I cube. You could toast it, but that adds more carbs!