Winter Slow Cooker Bar-B-Que
- 3-5 lb. cross rib roast (actually, any beef roast will do)
- 1 bottle "regular" bar-b-que sauce (Kraft Classic will do fine)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (any brand)
- 1 medium cut up onion (any onion. Hey, we're tryin' to make this easy!)
- Cut roast in large chunks while trimming off any excess fat.
- Add dry onion soup mix.
- Add sliced, cut, or chopped onion.
- Pour in full bottle of bar-b-que sauce of your choice.
- Squish around ingredients until semi blended.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir, then cook on low for approximately 6 more hours. (Can be cooked for 8 to 10 hours on low) After first six hours (if possible) break up meat into smaller pieces with spoon or fork.
- When done, there should be no need for a knife as meat should separate easily.
Enjoy !!! Note: Can be eaten over rice or pasta. Wonderful on sourdough rolls as open-faced sandwich. Terrific for picnics on hamburger or hotdog buns. Leftovers can be frozen for Sloppy Joes. Just an additional tip when and if you decide to try out Winter Slow Cooker Bar-B-Que", should your final bar-b-que sauce and beef come out a little too thin for your taste after full cooking, try adding a tablespoon or two of cornstarch (very gradually while stirring) in order to thicken it. Works out fine without affecting the taste...