Wonderful Waffles with Fresh Fruit and Luscious Lemon Sauce
- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and/or bananas
- In small saucepan, blend together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix in water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes, or until clean and thickened.
- Remove from heat; pour slowly into beaten egg, stirring constantly. Return to heat; cook about 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and butter. Cool.
- Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, butter and vanilla; blend well. Add flour and sugar, stir just until blended.
- For each waffle, pour batter into hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Top waffles with fruit and lemon sauce.