Yogurt and Orange Tiramisù
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 8 thin savoiardi or lady fingers
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 170 g low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 organic orange
- 40 g powdered sugar
- cocoa for sprinkling
- Beat the eggwhite with sugar until firm.
- Whisk the yogurt with finely grated orange zest of half an orange (make sure you leave one half ungrated so you can use it for decoration).
- Add the beaten egg white to the yogurt and mix delicately with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Prepare two glasses.
- Break two savoiardi so that they fit to the bottom of your glass. Soak them a little in coffee and place in the glass. Do the same with the other glass.
- Pour part of the yogurt mixture in each glass.
- Squeeze the juice from half the orange (the half that you grated the zest from) and soak the remaining savoiardi.
- Place them over the cream.
- Put the rest of the cream over the savoiardi layer, cover the glasses with a piece of plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Before serving, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and decorate with thin orange slices.
This is a totally different kind of dessert, compared to the classical Tiramisù. Mascarpone is substituted with low fat Greek yogurt, and I used only egg whites instead of whole eggs. Really light and refreshing. Prepared in single glasses so they are easy and elegant way to serve to your guests and family.