- pasta (I use Fettucine)
- entire bottle of Zinfandel wine
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 Tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare your pasta (I use Fettucine) as instructed but stop the cook process and drain after only 5 minutes. Pour an entire bottle of Zinfandel wine into the pot and return to a boil. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and reduce by half.
- Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, combine 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or as Rachel Ray would say... EVOO). Heat it over medium high heat and add 2-3 minced garlic cloves and about a 1/4 Tsp of crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
- While the garlic is cooking, add your undercooked pasta to the boiling wine and cook until all moisture is almost gone. DO NOT DRAIN IT.
- Pour the pasta wine mixture into the skillet with the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Using tongs, stir it and cook until all the liquid is nearly gone.
- Serve as a side dish, no sauces needed! Great with steaks and salmon.