flavor up your boring breakfast!
- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- Toasted walnuts or almonds
- Fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- Dried goji berries
- Vanilla (little goes a long way)
- Plums, peaches, pineapple, banana
- Cacao powder
- Once you cook your oats, there are lots of fun toppings you can add in to pack it with flavor and nutrition. Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Hoping this inspires you to “flavor up” your boring breakfast! If you keep a few of these things on hand, you can always have delicious oatmeal ready in 5 or 10 minutes.
- Cheers! Leave me a comment if you have more ideas for dressing up your oats.
This post was originally published as Better Than Your Average Oats on Laurel On Health Food. Whole Grains and Oats – a five-year Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study showed that people whose diets contain the most whole grains “had the thinnest carotid artery walls and showed the slowest progression in artery wall thickness.” Try these recipes: