fresh cranberry relish
- 1 bag (12oz.) of fresh cranberries- rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 small can (8 oz.) mandarin oranges
- 1 small can (8oz.)crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits
- 1 small box (3 oz.)raspberry jello- this could be either regular or sugar free...I have done both and they come out great.
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans
- Opt. 1/2 cup diced celery - I don't use
- In a medium saucepot, dissolve sugar in water over medium heat. Add fresh cranberries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 min. Stir occasionally until berries pop. Remove from heat, stir in jello until completely dissolved. Cool completely. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hrs. Yield 8-10 servings
- I always make this on all the holidays. This is one of my favorite sides on the dinner table.
- I have made this up to 2 days ahead for the holidays. Its stays great and seems to get better over time. Great with turkey, chicken or even ham. Enjoy! :) Donna