honey mustard ham
- Servings: 8-10
- 6 to 7 pound bone-in half spiral ham, rested at room temperature for 2 hours
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 8-10 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup honey
- Coat the ham. Place the ham in a roasting dish and add the orange juice to the bottom of the pan. Slather the entire ham with the mustard. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, thyme, and orange zest. Pressing this brown sugar mixture all over the ham to adhere to the mustard. Drizzle honey over top.
- Roast ham. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Roast ham until the internal temperature is 145˚F, about 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure to check the ham every 15 minutes or so to quickly spoon any glaze that falls off in to the roasting pan, back over top. Rest the ham loosely covered with aluminum foil for 15 minutes before serving.