my version of salsa
- Onion - large (I used a red and a white medium to give it colour and taste
- Tomato _ 3/4 med/large
- 1 can Medium size Pitted Olives (drained)
- 1 small can Corn - used about half of that can)
- Cilantro - couple of small handfuls (use to taste) - I grow it in a front door garden.
- Garlic - used about 3 tsp of the minced in olive oil kind, but you can use fresh
- Lime - squeezed a half small lime
- Salt - not much but to taste
- chips for dipping
- In my small food processor I minced up, but not to fine, the onions, then tomatoes, then olives and cilantro and garlic.
- Combined in a bowl.
- Added the corn. mixed together gently. added the lime juice and salt.
- Served with Tortilla White Corn Chips.
- it was a hit including with my oldest daughter who doesn't normally eat stuff like this.
- Suggestions - decrease the amount of olives and increase the tomato if you want.
- The mix and match of items is entirely up to you.
OK.. this is my own recipe.. well sort of.. borrowed from pieces and parts of other recipes. We got a call one Saturday from my hubby's brother. "I'm doing steaks on the grill. Come for lunch". My hubby said.. "What should be take". So.. brain goes 50mph and spinning trying to think of what we had. Nothing heavy, appetizer type item. I remembers a black bean salsa that a friend had made once.. But I didn't have a can of Black Beans. (not something I keep around everyday). So here is my non bean version (sort of). No set measurements.. use your judgement and make how you want.