smoky white pizza
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated
- pizza dough
- 1 package (4oz.) light garlic and
- herb spreadable cheese (such as
- 2 cups part-skim shredded
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. deli smoked turkey, sliced
- into thin ribbons
- Basil for garnish
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough on baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly spread herb and garlic cheese over the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top; dollop the ricotta evenly over the mozzarella.
- Scatter the sliced turkey over the cheeses.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crust
- is nicley golden.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Cut into 12 squares to serve.
- Per slice: 195 calories, 9 g fat (5 g sat.), 11 g protein, 18g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 505 mg. sodium, 31 mg cholesterol
I have not tried this yet. The recipe is in this month's (June, 2008) Family Circle issue. I try not to eat a lot of tomatoes (which are in the "shade plants" of foods...potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and egg plant.) I have found if I do not eat them my arthritis is not as bad. But I enjoy pizza very much! I know it will not be the same without the pizza sauce I love, but I am anxious to try it (so I won't hurt.)