"JACK GAILEY'S OATMEAL SCOTCHIES"
- Cooking Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Servings: 40 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1c.soft butter
- 1 1/2c.packed sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2t.baking powder
- 1t.baking soda
- 1 1/2c.quick cooking oats
- 12-oz.pkg. Nestle Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2t.Orange extract(Optional)
- Beat butter,sugar,eggs and water until creamy.Combine flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture.Mix in oats, chips and orange extract.Drop slightly rounded T. onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375* for 10 to 12 miuntes .Makes 4 dozen cookies
These cookies everyone who has bought Tollhouse Brand Butterscotch Chip package should find this recipe on the package itself.But when mother went to a church sale near our area.Really it was the area she grew up in the Holt,Michigan the Church is the Holt United Methodist.More then lilkely the women club was having this sale and one thing's they were saleing was cookbook.This was the time when my father had just retired and one of the thing's that he and my mother loved to do when he first retired was go to garge sales,rummage sales and church sales. *Note:This recipe has more of a meaning to my family.There was a young man who was best friend's of my brother.My brother's best friend died at the young age being in his thirty's.These cookies was his favorite so this recipe is decated to him"Jack Gailey"