"Missouri Colonels Candies"
- Cooking Time: 15 or 20 minutes
- Servings: 60 candies
- Preparation Time: 20minutes
- 1/2c.Butter or Margarine,softened
- 1c. finely chopped pecans
- 4c.sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4c.green creme de menthe
- 1(6-oz.pkg.)of semi-sweet chocolate pieces(1c.)
- In a large mixing bowl,beat butter or margarine,pecans,creme de menthe and 2c. powdered sugar.Beat or stir in remaining powdered sugar.Cover and chill mixture for 1 hour or till firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.Place balls on foil-lined or waxed paper lined baking sheet.Chill for another 15 minutes.
- In a small,heavy saucepan,heat chocolatae pieces and shortening over low heat (very low),stirring constantly,till chocolate melts.
- Dip one side of each of the chilled balls into melted chocolate .Return to baking sheet,chill till set or cover and store in refrigeration for up to 1 week.Or freeze candies in freezer container for up to 3 months.*Note: For non-alcholic candies use 1/4c. corn syrup 1/4t.pepermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring:Inplace of the Creme de menthe.