"ParMuenster" Garlic Chicken With Mushrooms
- Cooking Time: 45
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved
- minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- bread crumbs
- grated parmesan (I used the real stuff and recommend it but the dried can substitute)
- garlic powder (optional)
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (you can use broth too but they have this wonderful stock in the stores now that I use instead and you can get it in a large container or smaller, 1 cup containers)
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- mix the garlic & olive oil in one bowl and the bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder (optional or to taste) in another
- dredge both sides of the halved breasts in the garlic-olive mixture first, then in the bread crumbs-parmesan mixture and place in a heated skillet to lightly brown (do not cook all the way through) on each side
- remove the breasts from the skillet and place in an oven-safe casserole or roaster (without the rack).
- place a slice of muenster cheese on top of each breast and sprinkle the sliced mushrooms on top.
- pour the cup of chicken stock/broth over all and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- place in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
- uncover and baste the chicken with juices if necessary (if it's a small enough dish, the juices will surround the chicken but if it's large and the chicken is mostly on dry land, baste).
- place back in oven (uncovered) for another 15 minutes
- serve with rice, pasta or potatoes - there will be about a cup of thin gravy