"These cookies are very cakey in texture. Almost like little banana bread bites."
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup reese's pieces candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, banana, oatmeal. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Stir in reese's pieces candy with a spatula.
- Drop by the tablespoon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown. (Keep an eye on it -- all ovens vary)
- Cool on wire rack. Store in a closed container.