Angela's less than 30 min Trader Joe's Pad Thai
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
Why I Love This Recipe
as a single mom who works full time, i need to have meals that are not only quick and easy to prepare, but also healthy. i love that trader joe's has these noodles that you don't need to boil!!! to make this microwaveable noodles and sauce package into a real meal, add healthy protein and veggies... you may try this also with cooked chicken breast (perhaps your leftover from the day before!)
Ingredients You'll Need
2 boxes of Trader Ming's Pad Thai
1 pkg organic extra firm tofu
3 eggs, scrambled
1/3 - 1/2 cup water
2 handfuls of organic peeled baby carrots
2 handfuls of any other veggies you wish to add
slices of lime
slices of cucumber for garnish
heat pan and oil
2. while pan is heating, slice tofu into big chunky slabs and press each side firmly with paper towels to remove excess water
3. slice tofu into bite size pieces and fry at medium heat on each side until golden/light brown
4. remove tofu from pan and set aside
5. cook scrambled eggs in pan. remove and set aside. same plate or bowl as tofu is fine
6. keep pan hot, add 1/3 cup water to pan and allow to simmer
7. add veggies and steam/sautee until lightly cooked.
8. while veggies are being sauteed, place contents of packages (noodles and sauce) into a serving dish or bowl, toss and separate noodles with a fork, then microwave on high for approx 2-3 minutes or until hot.
9. remove cooked veggies from pan with a slotted spoon and toss with the noodles. top with tofu and eggs, cilantro and peanuts. garnish with slices of lime and cucumber