Annie's Chicken Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
This was my favorite meal growing up. My mom, Sweet Annie, still makes it for me when I am ill. This is a hearty winter dinner for the healthy and the ill alike! Enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 chicken breasts, bone & skin included
6 stalks celery, chopped
6 large carrots, peeled & chopped
1 jar Wyler's chicken bouillon, or other favorite brand
1 Tbs. dried thyme
1 Tbs. dried rosemary
1 Tbs. minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 large box home-made style noodles, or wide egg noodles
1. Put chicken breasts including skin & bone in large soup pot. Cover with water until almost full, but leave room for other ingredients.
2. Boil over medium heat until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken breasts from pot and set aside to cool.
3. Add chopped celery, carrots, herbs, garlic, and chicken bouillon to taste. You probably will not need the whole jar.
4. Simmer over medium heat while you remove skin from chicken and tear chicken into bite-sized pieces.
5. Add chicken pieces to soup.
6. Simmer over low heat, 30 minutes and until vegetables are tender.
7. Add noodles to boiling broth. Cook according to package directions.
8. Serve. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. Enjoy!
Serves 6-8. This was my favorite meal growing up. My mom, Sweet Annie, still makes it for me when I am ill. This is a hearty winter dinner for the healthy and the ill alike! Enjoy!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads