Apple Dapple Cake with Glaze
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups sugar
1½ cups vegetable oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
6 ounces butterscotch bits
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and oil; beat well with a heavy-duty mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; add to egg mixture and beat well with the mixer.
4. Fold in vanilla then stir in apples, walnuts, and butterscotch bits thoroughly.
5. Pour mixture into a greased Bundt pan; bake for 1 hour on the middle shelf.
6. Test for doneness with a broom straw (if you can find one; otherwise, use a toothpick).
Glaze: (make just before cake is done)
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup milk
1. Loosen cake from around edges of Bundt pan.
2. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; bring to boil and boil no more than 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Cool glaze slightly then spoon over cake; let stand 3 hours before removing cake from Bundt pan (no longer or the cake will stick to the pan