Asian Spinach And Pear Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 bag prewashed baby spinach salad mix
4 links chicken apple sausage (Emeril is a good brand), sliced on the bias
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 pears, chopped (red pears are nice because they add color to the salad)
2 Tbs. sesame seeds
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Juice of 2 lemons
Dash of Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground red pepper
3-4 Tbs. soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1. In small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat. Put in bowl and set aside.
2. Saute sliced chicken apple sausage in 3 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat until browned on both sides.
3. Toss spinach and chopped pears.
4. Mix all ingredients in dressing with a whisk. Put sauteed sausage in dressing to marinate for a moment.
5. Add sausage to spinach and pear mixture using a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and toss.
6. Toss salad with dressing. Serve with fresh ground pepper.
This salad makes a delicious, refreshing summer dinner. Enjoy!