Autumn Butter Pecan Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
Ingredients for Cookie Batter:
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
Ingredients for Filling:
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the egg and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed. Stir in 1-1/2 cups flour, the baking soda and salt. Stir in 1-1/2 cups pecans.
3. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup pecans. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter with fork until mixture is crumbly.
4. Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches a part on cookie sheet. Slightly press into center. Fill each indentation with about 1 teaspoon of filling.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
6. I drizzled mine with a little melted chocolate. YUM