BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ROASTED BEET SOUP
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
Why I Love This Recipe
Cooking Expert: Paul McCullough
Ingredients You'll Need
1 medium butternut squash
4 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
4 large beets
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1 t minced onion
2 tsp. garlic
3 oz. chocolate
Pre heat oven to 400F. Place beets on cookie sheet. Roast until soft (about
- Peel and seed squash. Cut the squash into small chunks.
- Place squash and 2 cans of broth into a large pot with the seasonings. Bring
to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Test the squash and beets for tenderness (they should be very soft). Use a
hand blender and puree the squash until smooth.
- Peel beets and puree with 2 cans of broth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour both soups into one bowl. Add a dime-size amount of melted chocolate
to the soup.
- Use a toothpick and submerge it just next to the chocolate, then pull the
toothpick through the chocolate to make a heart shape.
- This soup is also great served as an hors d'oeuvre at a cocktail party. For a
unique presentation, simply fill espresso cups with a “shot” of soup and pass
them around on a tray.
- To save leftover soup, try freezing it in ice cube trays. Then if you want a cup
of soup later, you can pop a few soup cubes into a mug and place it in the
microwave for a few minutes.
- When you serve soup at home, try dressing it up with a dollop of sour cream,
a sprinkle of chives, or some crispy fried onions.