Bacon Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
"Buonissimi!"Serves | Prep Time Veloce. Volendo si preparano prima, si scaldano prima di servire o si completa la cottura | Cook Time breve bollitura, 10 minuti + altri 10 minuti forno
Why I Love This Recipe
Piacevoli, anche come antipasto
Ingredients You'll Need
450g Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
10-12 slices of thick cut smoked bacon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon wholegrain Mustard
3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey, if you prefer)
Freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of salt
- Blanch Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 2 or 3 minutes, then drain and transfer to iced water to stop cooking.
- Coat each side of bacon with the brown sugar and then wrap tightly around the Brussels sprout ensuring the ends overlap by half a inch. Depending on the size of the Brussels sprouts you can cut your bacon strips in half or thirds.
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, maple syrup, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, rack in the middle and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Soak toothpicks in a bowl of water.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick and lay the sprout in the baking pan. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently brush the Brussels sprouts with the glaze. Roast for another 10 minutes or until the bacon has crisped up and the sprouts are cooked through (they will pierce easily with a knife). Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining glazer.