Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad
"Macaroni salad is the perfect side dish for a cookout!"Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Yummy, creamy, and delicious macaroni salad for any occasion!
Ingredients You'll Need
12 ounces elbows pasta
5 slices bacon, diced
2 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
1. To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and thyme in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. In a large bowl, combine pasta, bacon, avocado, lemon-thyme dressing, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with thyme.
Pairs Well With
Anything at a summer cookout would go great with this macaroni salad!