Bacon and Jalapeño Mac&Cheese
"Souther Comfort food at its best."Serves 10 | Prep Time 30min | Cook Time 45 min
Why I Love This Recipe
This will steal the show at any thanksgiving!
This meal is a million calories of goodness - and will make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 16 ounces pasta (the smaller the better)
- 1 package of bacon specks (if normal bacon cut into long strips and buy the extra tick bacon)
- 1 cup sliced fresh jalapeño (with seeds, stems removed (about 5 small))
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded gruyere
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Mustard power to taste
- 2 cup Bread crumbs (put into a bed processors)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/ 121 C
2. Cook pasta (al dente). Drain and set aside too cool.
3. in a frying pan cook bacon bits until they are just done (don't over cook them!) set aside to cool.
4. use the majority of the butter to melt in a small sauce pan gradually adding ingredients and spices all together (EXCEPT the jalapenos)
5.. As the sauce is still mixing - mix the cooled bacon, pasta, and jalapeño into a greased Pyrex (glass/metal oven save dish).
6. pour hot cheesy sauce all over the mixed noodle/bacon/jalapeño mix - mix around so its even through.
7. Toss bread crumbs over the top of the mac&cheese mix
8. Cover with aluminum foil and stick in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
Pairs Well With