Baked Maple Cinnamon Donuts
Why I Love This Recipe
Submitted by: Casey Scully
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 6 oz container of vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the cinnamon and sugar together and set aside
3. In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. In another bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, egg, and yogurt.
4. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole. Gently fold everything together until combined. Divide batter evenly into a greased muffin pan.
5. Bake for ten minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then flip over onto a cooking rack while still warm.
6. Use a pastry brush to butter your donuts (or just dip 'em) and then dip each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.