Baked Tortilla Bowls
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a super fun and unique take on a traditionally easy and delicious meal to make for yourself, family, and friends!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 8 inch tortillas (how ever many you want to use)
- Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon per 2 tortillas)
- Oven-safe ramekins (about 4 inches in diameter, one for each tortilla)
- Aluminum foil
- Taco fixings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Brush both sides of tortillas with oil
3. Invert ramekin on a work surface and center the tortilla on the bottom of the ramekin
4. Gently shape the tortilla down around the sides. Place a double layer of aluminum foil over the tortilla and press to form the bowl around the ramekin. Place right side up on a baking sheet and leave about 1/2 inch of the edge of the tortilla above the foil so it browns and crisps up when baked
5. Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and use tongs to carefully remove the ramekins from inside the shells
6. Transfer sheet back to the oven. Bake shells until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven
7. Remove foil from around the shells; reserve it. Flatten foil sheets and invert shells on them. Bring foil up just around the bottom of the shells to protect the top edge.
8. Transfer sheet back to oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and crispy. Remove sheet from oven and invert shells once again so they are right side up. Place on foil and transfer sheet back to oven for final crisping, 3 to 5 minutes
Note: Be careful not to burn them here
9. Remove sheet from oven and fill bowls with your favorite taco fixings
*See video at top of URL for a tutorial