Why I Love This Recipe
This is one of the few baked pasta recipes I would make again. I, personally, love this with a can of Hunts Zesty & Spicy sauce, and a jar of whatever else is on hand. The original recipe says it makes 8 servings/in a two-quart dish, but it made a full 11x13 baking dish.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (16 ounce) package dry ziti pasta, cooked and drained
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Combine cooked noodles and sour cream, mix until well coated.
5. Spoon a portion of sauce onto bottom of baking dish, cover with about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Cover with sauce. Add another layer of each and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.