Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vinegar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 larges eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
optional: sanding sugar for sprinkling on top
1) Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a small bowl, pour the milk and vinegar. Let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients.
3) In a larger bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and the milk + vinegar mixture. Stir JUST until a batter with lumps forms.
4) Fold in the chocolate chips.
5) Fill each cup in the muffin tin to be completely full (about a heaping 1/4 cup).
6) Bake at 425ºF for 5 minutes. Then decrease the heat to 375ºF and bake for another 13 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin and serving.