Why I Love This Recipe
Baleada is a traditional dish from Honduras. Baleada typically consists of refried beans and cheese filled inside of flour tortillas with sour cream on top. In the Honduran culture, beans and corn tortillas are the main foods of their diet. The beans are usually fried, and the tortillas are small, thick, and handmade. The ideal meal in Honduras includes fried plantains, white cheese, rice, fried meat, and scrambled egg. Baleadas are served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all year round.
Ingredients You'll Need
8 flour tortillas
2 cups of refried beans
1/2 cup of feta cheese
1/4 cup of sour cream
1. Heat an ungreased griddle or skillet over medium flame.
2. Meanwhile, heat up refried beans in a saucepan putting in a little water and stirring the beans and water together.
3. Place a tortilla into the heated skillet. Heat both sides of the tortilla to soften them up.
3. Once the tortilla has softened place the tortilla on a serving plate and smear some refried beans on one half of the tortilla.
4. Sprinkle with some feta cheese and place some sour cream in the tortilla to your liking.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 with the remaining tortillas and serve.