Meredith's Banana Bread
"This is one of our favorite snacks...and a year round recipe!"Serves 8 to 12 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 60-70 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This is the recipe Meredith has made for snacks at SoftBank.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter or canola oil, melted
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, beaten
2 ⅓ cups mashed overripe bananas
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts, chocolate chips, or a mix of both
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
3. Whisk together the melted butter or oil, sugar, eggs, and mashed bananas.
4. Fold in the flour mix gently until just combined
5. Fold in the nuts or chocolate chips
6. Scrape batter into a loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or offset spatula.
7. Bake for about 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. If the top starts to get too brown, cover the pan with foil after 45 minutes.
8. Allow to cool completely in pan before slicing.