Why I Love This Recipe
Banana muffins make a delicious, nutritious, moist, on-the-go treat, or breakfast.
Ingredients You'll Need
6 bananas (ripe, but not brown and mushy)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar (white or brown)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose white flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F or 350 F for a convection oven.
2. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, sugar, and oil.
3. Combine the remaining dry ingredients, and mix them into the wet ingredients. Grease a muffin tin with spray or spread butter with your fingers.
4. Drop 1/3 cup of batter into each well in the muffin tin.
5. Bake for 22 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a tester (toothpick or knife) comes out clean.
6. After they've cooled slightly, remove to a wire rack to cool.
You can also add chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc.) or dried fruit (raisins, cranberries) to this recipe.