Banana Split Pie
Why I Love This Recipe
My cousin would always make this for family gatherings. She would also make them using mini pie crusts for individual pies customizing the pies for people that don’t like pineapples or nuts. I have made it for the past couple of years for Pi Day bringing them to the office or just at home (this year). It is an easy and quick dessert to make.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 (9-inch) deep dish graham cracker pie shell
• 16 ounces (2 packages) of cream cheese
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 packages of vanilla pudding mix
• 2 cups of milk
• 4 medium sized bananas, sliced
• 1 can of crushed pineapples, drained
• Cool Whip or other whipped topping
• Chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts
• Maraschino cherries
• Chocolate Syrup
1. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until fluffy.
2. In a second bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until smooth.
3. Layer the banana slices on the bottom of the pie shell.
4. Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top of banana slices.
5. Add a layer of crushed pineapples
6. Add a layer of the pudding mixture on top of the pineapples.
7. Top with whipped topping
8. Add chopped nuts, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries as desired.
9. Chill before serving.
10. Makes 2 pies.