Why I Love This Recipe
I smoke a 6-10 lb Boston Butt ahead of time slicing off some for a diner and then pulling the rest for pulled pork sandwiches and of course BBQ Lasagna. If you’re accustomed to pulled pork you are ahead of the game or there are many pulled pork recipes online. Too much work? There are ready made pork alternatives in most grocery stores. Same for BBQ sauce there are good recipes on the web or use your favorite store bought brand. I guess I use about 2 lbs of pork in the Lasagna. Mix sauce with pulled pork in a sauce pan and bring it to a slow simmer so it will spread easily.
Submitted by: "Pat Cullinan"
Ingredients You'll Need
2 lbs shredded pork with barbecue sauce
1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
16 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Bring pork in BBQ sauce to a slow simmer on stove top
3. In mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, salt, black pepper Mix until smooth and put aside
4. Combine shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
5. Put aside.
6. Boil 6 quarts of water, add pinch of salt, and cook pasta Rinse in cold water
7. Coat bottom of a 10”x14”x3” baking pan with sauce
8. Next one layer of lasagna
9. Spread evenly over lasagna a layer of pork and sauce
10. Next spread a layer of ricotta mixture
11. Sprinkle on mozzarella and cheddar cheese
12. Repeat layering.
13. On the top layer, top with remaining ricotta
14. Then thin layer of pulled pork
15. Lightly sprinkling with cheese
16. Save some cheese to top during the last 5 minutes of cooking
17. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until bubbly
18. Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes
19. Cut and serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!