Berry-Cherry Cheesecake Mousse
"Low carb desserts are actually pretty easy to come up with, and they can even be purchased ready made from most supermarkets: low carb ice cream, sugar-free angel food cake, and sugar-free pies."Serves 12 | Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time 10 min
Why I Love This Recipe
The mousse I made to go with dinner tonight is really delicious! Yeah, I just had to try a few spoonfuls in advance. I don’t want to serve something to my family that isn’t yummy, of course. I haven’t gone to the trouble to figure out the exact carb count per serving, but rest assured it’s a heck of a lot lower than what you’d find in a traditional dessert, thanks to the low carb ingredients: Hood milk, sugar-free pudding, Splenda, sour cream, and cream cheese. Yes, the fruits have some carbs, but they also add healthy fiber, vitamins, and minerals, along with lots of bright flavor, so I think they’re worth the cost in carbohydrates.
You can use this basic mousse recipe to create your own flavors or combinations. In fact, you might want to avoid using fruit at all. For example, you could use chocolate pudding and Hood low carb chocolate milk to create a rich, velvety low carb dessert!
Daisy Rowley from Do My Writing
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup sliced and pitted fresh cherries
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (or more) Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounce tub sugar-free Cool Whip, thawed
1 ounce box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
1 ounce box sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding
4 cups cold Hood low carb milk
1. Combine strawberries and cherries in bowl. If fruits are too tart, sprinkle with granulated Splenda. Stir and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Splenda, and vanilla. Whip until smooth. Add Cool Whip and mix again.
3. In a separate bowl, combine both pudding mixes with low carb milk. Allow to sit until slightly thick.
4. Add pudding to cream cheese mixture and whip until very smooth. Taste for sweetness, and add more Splenda, if needed. Stir in strawberries and cherries.
5. Cover and place in refrigerator until firm. Serve very cold.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads