Black Eyes of Texas Casserole - ground beef and Black Eye Peas
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe came from the Kraft Food Yahoo Email group. I have tried many many recipes and this recipe had such an odd combination of ingredients that I have never seen before. It was so delicious! I look forward to making it again!
Ingredients You'll Need
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 large white onion chopped
* 1 rib celery chopped
* 15 ounce can jalapeno black-eyed peas
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 15 oz can hot or mild enchilada sauce
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 10-1/2 ounce bag tortilla chips
* 3 cups grated cheese
1. Brown and drain meat.
2. Add onion, black-eyed peas, celery, soups, enchilada sauce and garlic then stir to blend.
3. Grease 1 large casserole dish.
4. Build up layers beginning with the chips then the meat and then the cheese.
5. Repeat process and bake at 450 for 35 minutes.