Blackened Scallops With Pasta
Why I Love This Recipe
If you like spicy food, this blackened scallops is definitely going to hit the spot! If you can't handle spicy food, I suggest you reduce the black and white peppers in half!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb. Sea scallops
9-12 oz. Package of pasta
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
½ yellow Onion, chopped
½ Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1/4 tbsp. Salt
1/3 tbsp. Each of Black and white Pepper
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. dried Thyme Leaves
1. Mix blackening spices together. Dredge scallops in blackening spices.
2. Saute onion in 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, add mushrooms after onions are translucent, set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to instructions.
4. Heat a pat of butter in skillet to high heat. Add scallops on high heat for 6-8 minutes.
Cover to keep warm, set aside.
5. Place pasta in a bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with lemon juice.
Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes into pasta and toss.
6. Serve pasta, place scallops on top.